Community Paramedic Practitioner is an online training program designed to prepare paramedics with the knowledge and skills required to become Community Paramedics and offer support to their communities and long-term care programs across Ontario.
CP Practitioner is an asynchronous online course facilitated by qualified instructors that leverage Problem-based Learning (PBL) to enhance the critical reflection and critical self-reflection skills of the participants.
The training program is comprised of 9 modules + Final Evaluation:
- CP01: Introduction & Foundational Knowledge
- CP02: Course Didactic, Learning and Resource Library
- CP03: First Contact, Care Planning, and Communications
- CP04: Chronic Disease Pathophysiology
- CP05: Assessments, Lab Work, and Point of Care Testing
- CP06: Chronic Disease Management
- CP07: Pharmacology
- CP08: Mental Health and Health Education
- CP09: Palliative Care and Community Paramedic/Patient Relationships
- CP10: Evaluation
Upon completion, the paramedic will receive a Certificate of Completion of the Community Paramedic Practitioner program.
Visit our Community Paramedic Training Site